I am new to essential oils, what oils are good for beginners?•
Posted on February 16 2021
Are you new to essential oils? Not sure how to get started? Because there are dozens of different types of oils, several application methods, and boundless benefits that come from essential oil use, it can be a bit overwhelming if you are a beginner.
Here are three of doTERRA's most popular essential oils, along with some ideas for beginners on how to use them:
With a wide variety of uses, Lemon oil should be one of your first purchases when you start using essential oils. doTERRA Lemon oil is taken from the peel of the lemon and includes benefits like cleansing properties and an uplifting, energizing aroma that can help improve mood. Lemon essential oil is one of doTERRA’s top-selling oils because there are countless, easy ways to incorporate the use of this oil into your daily life. Here are a few ideas for how to use Lemon oil:
- Add a few drops of Lemon oil to a spray bottle with water, and use to spray down and cleanse countertops and surfaces throughout the home.
- Place a few drops of Lemon oil in your essential oil diffuser to promote an uplifting environment.
- Add Lemon oil to a glass of water to naturally cleanse the body and aid in digestion.*
- Wash the hands with Lemon oil and warm water to remove sticky residue or grease from the skin.
- Add Lemon oil to your favorite desserts for an extra boost of flavor.
Another doTERRA customer favorite, Lavender oil, has many uses for everyday life. The calming, floral aroma of Lavender oil makes it the perfect oil to diffuse around the home, especially when you want to create a peaceful environment. doTERRA Lavender oil is derived from the Lavender flower and provides benefits like the ability to soothe skin irritations, promote restful sleep*, and ease feelings of tension.* Keep reading for a few more ideas of how to use Lavender oil:
- Use Lavender oil to promote feelings of clear breathing and open airways.
- Incorporate Lavender into your skin care routine to reduce the appearance of occasional skin imperfections.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to your pillows, bedding, or to the bottoms of the feet before going to bed to promote an environment conducive to sleep.
- Take Lavender oil internally to help reduce anxious feelings.*
- Combine Lavender oil with water in a spray bottle and spritz over clothing, linens, or furniture for a clean, refreshing smell.
- Add a few drops of Lavender oil to your shampoo or conditioner to keep the scalp looking clean and healthy.
Because of its potent nature and many uses, doTERRA Peppermint oil is one that you definitely want in your essential oil collection. Derived from the leaves of the Peppermint plant, Peppermint oil is known for its minty, refreshing aroma that can be invigorating and energizing. The main benefits of Peppermint oil are its ability to promote healthy respiratory function and clear breathing*, naturally repel bugs, and promote digestive health when taken internally.* Read more about how to use Peppermint oil below:
- For a healthy mouth rinse, combine Peppermint oil with Lemon oil and water, and rinse.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil in the hand, rub the palms together, and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Rub Peppermint on the temples when you wake up in the morning for an energy boost.
- Take one to two drops of Peppermint oil in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate the occasional upset stomach.*
- Add a drop of Peppermint oil to your favorite smoothie or beverage for a refreshing flavor.
- Add Peppermint oil to a cool water compress or footbath to cool off when overheated.
- Diffuse Peppermint oil around the home to promote feelings of easy breathing.
You can download our beginners guide to using essential oils here.
How to Use Essentia...
Do you love the freah and invigirating aroma of Lemon oil? Do you love the inviting, comforting scent of Lavender oil? Many essential oils have pow...Read More
Make your own fabri...
Lavender Dryer Spon...
Conventional dryer sheets contain mysterious ingredients, and can sometimes be expensive. Play it safe and save some money with this reusable DIY c...Read More